S1510 Twinkle Close To My Heart October Stamp of the Month Australasian Blog Hop
Hello and welcome aboard ourStamp of the month Australasian Close to My Heart Blog Hop. If you have arrived here from Maz’s Inky Fingers, then you are in the right place. If not then please join in by following the link at the end of this post.
Today I would like to share with you my decorated wax candle which features Twinkle, S1510, The October Stamp of the month. I’ve been doing these for several years and i did a similar tutorial a few years ago, but it’s a goody, so here it is again!
The Octber SOTM, pictured on the right, has a Christmas theme, with plenty of time to order and receive it in time to prepare some beautiful Christmas cards and gifts. I also used the santa on his sleigh from C1567 Santa Clause, pictured on the left. I have had this set a couple of years and it is a definite “go to” Christmas time.
As well as stamps and inks you will need:
Waxed Lunch wrap
A heat gun
- Cut a city Skyline image from the Artistry Cricut Collection. I used the Cricut Craft room free online software program to weld two together to fit around my candle.
- Cut tissue paper to the size of your required image.
- Stamp Santa on his sleigh from C1567 Santa Claus Holiday Stamp set using Black Exclusive Ink and “Believe” in Ruby Exclusive ink onto the tissue paper
- Adhere these to the candle using just a couple of dabs of a Bonding Memories dual action glue pen. Like the wider Bonding memories Glue, these adhere permanently when wet and are repositionable if allowed to dry before adhering. Do not use too much as it can dissolve the tissue. You don’t need to totally adhere it, just enough to hold it in place whilst you apply a layer of wax. Use a couple more dabs of glue pen to temporarily adhere the complete design skyline design to the front of the candle.
- Take some waxed lunch wrap. Not all supermarkets carry this old fashioned lunch wrap but I bought this at Coles Supermarket. It’s part of their homebrand range. Wrap it firmly around the candle, wax side down, over the top of your design, holding it tightly at the back. Use a heat tool to gently heat all over the image. You can see here how the thin layer of wax from the lunch wrap will melt, along with a thin layer of the candle, and will seep through the tissue sealing the design in place.
- Stamp the star wreath in versamark ink on a circle of card.
- Apply gold embossing powder and heat.
- Stamp December 25 in Ruby ink as shown.
- Adhere to candle using lunch wrap, as before.
- Decorate with red shimmer trim.
The October Stamp of the Month is only available until 31st October. it can be yours for $27 or for just $7.50 by placing a qualifying order of $75 with your CTMH consultant. What do you think, will you give this a go for Christmas this year? I’d love you to leave a comment before heading off to visit Anne at Mummy you made this?